DVD SET: Chicago Cubs Legends Collector's Edition 8-Disc Set
Publisher: Manufactured and distributed by A&E Home Video, 2007
Condition: Brand New.
Baseball DVD collectors, and Chicago Cubs fans, welcome to paradise! MLB Productions has taken home video excitement to the next level with this amazing, historic 8-Disc set, featuring more than 21 hours of coverage of historic afternoons and evenings of Cubs baseball at Wrigley Field. Each DVDs feature a complete original game broadcast from one of the greatest days in Cubs history. In addition, the eighth DVD gives you a great package of extras. With this set, you'll get:
- Saturday, June 23, 1984 - Cubs 12, St. Louis Cardinals 11 (Complete Original NBC Game of the Week Broadcast, Bob Costas and Tony Kubek) - In one of the most memorable regular-season games of the 1980s - and one of the greatest days in Ryne Sandberg's MVP season - the Cubs came back from repeated deficits, and after game-tying Home Runs by Sandberg in both the ninth and tenth innings, the home fans celebrate a thrilling 11-inning victory.
- 1984 NLCS Game 1, October 2, 1984 - Cubs 13, San Diego Padres 0 (Complete Original ABC Sports Game Broadcast, Don Drysdale, Earl Weaver and Reggie Jackson) - In their first Post-Season game in 39 years, Cy Young award winner Rick Sutcliffe pitches a gem and hits a home run, and the Cubs thrash the San Diego Padres 13-0 to thrill the sun-soaked Wrigley Field faithful.
- Saturday, August 1, 1987 - Cubs 5, Philadelphia Phillies 3 (Complete Original WGN Game Broadcast, Harry Caray and Steve Stone) - Step back in time with this classic 1980s Harry Caray broadcast! Andre Dawson single-handedly lifts his last-place Cubs to a victory over the Phillies with three homers and all five RBI on a glorious summer afternoon on the North Side, during Andre's MVP season.
- 1989 NLCS Game 2, Thursday, October 5, 1989 - Cubs 9, San Francisco Giants 5 (Complete Original NBC Game Broadcast, Bob Costas and Tom Seaver) - After Will Clark helped destroy the Cubs in Game 1, Mark Grace returned the favor in this Wrigley night game classic. With a single, two doubles, and four RBI, the sophomore first baseman launched an NLCS assault that was truly astounding.
- Wednesday, May 6, 1998 - Cubs 2, Houston Astros 0 (Complete Original WGN Game Broadcast, Chip Caray and Steve Stone) - In one of the most dominating pitching performances in the history of baseball, rookie Kerry Wood struck out 20 batters, walked none, and gave up only a third inning single to shortstop Ricky Gutierrez. A Wednesday afternoon game in blustery weather, Wrigley Field was less than half full that day, and the television audience was weekday-afternoon small, making this a broadcast that only a select few witnessed live!
- Sunday, September 13, 1998 - Cubs 11, Milwaukee Brewers 10 (Complete Original WGN Game Broadcast, Chip Caray and Steve Stone) - Less than a week after Mark McGwire smashed through the single-season Home Run record, Sammy Sosa was poised at the brink. With a jam-packed Sunday afternoon crowd enjoying a festive atmosphere like you've never seen, Sammy smashes homer #61 in the fifth, and #62 onto Waveland Avenue as part of a dramatic 9th inning comeback, before Mark Grace sends the fans home in a frenzy with a 10th-inning walk-off homer into the right-field bleachers to seal victory for the wildcard-leading Cubbies.
- Saturday, August 7, 2004 - Cubs 8, San Francisco Giants 4 (Complete Original FOX Game Broadcast, Thom Brennaman and Steve Lyons) - As the highlight of his second tour of duty in Chicago, Greg Maddux steps into San Francisco's Pac Bell Park and records career victory #300.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2005 - Cubs 9, L.A. Dodgers 5 (Complete Original FOX Sports West 2 Game Broadcast, Vin Scully) - Settle in with baseball's all-time greatest broadcaster as he calls a remarkable performance by red-hot Derrek Lee, who goes 5-for-5 in a big Cubs win.
- BONUS CLIPS - Ernie Banks 500th Home Run, press conference, and career profile; Hall of Fame induction speeches from Harry Caray and Ryne Sandberg; Billy Williams' speech at Wrigley on Billy Williams Day; division-clinching moments for the 1984, 1989, and 2003 Cubs; Billy Williams highlights; Ron Santo highlights; final two outs of Ken Holtzman's 1969 no-hitter; 1983 triple play vs. Pirates; introductions of Sandberg, Dawson, and Shawon Dunston before the 1990 All Star Game at Wrigley; and Aramis Ramirez hitting a third home run in a game twice in 2004.