This panorama of Jordan-Hare Stadium, taken by James Blakeway, highlights the Auburn Tigers playing to a sold-out stadium. The stadium began as Auburn Stadium in 1939. It was renamed Cliff Hare Stadium in 1949, before being christened Jordan-Hare Stadium in 1973. Clifford Hare was a member of Auburn's first football team, and Ralph "Shug" Jordan was a former football coach who won 176 games. On fall Saturday afternoons in Auburn, the stadium becomes the fifth-largest city in Alabama with a capacity of 87,451. As part of the SEC, Auburn football has 77 winning seasons, 34 bowl appearances, and 10 conference titles. Established in 1856, Auburn enrolls over 24,000 students today.